Thursday, August 2, 2012

Iloilo, Aklan and Boracay

I have been travelling a lot for the past three (3) years and already toured Iloilo City but this is the first time I went to Boracay (and for FREE)!!! :D

These are some pictures I took during the travel.


Iloilo City Hall
This is the new Iloilo City Hall which opened to the public just few months ago. It is an eight (8) storey building where the 7th and 8th floor are using the solar-power installed at the roof top.

San Jose Parish Church   
We just happen to passed by when I took this picture. It is near the new City Hall of Iloilo. When I read in the internet about this church, I was astound by the fact that it is the first ever church in Iloilo City built around 1607 (http://www.exploreiloilo.com/san-jose-church). 


Caticlan Port
I was reminded checking into the airport when I entered this Caticlan Port. There were terminal tickets being issued and presented upon checking into departure area. 

Boracay (Station 2)
When we arrived at La Carmela de Boracay Resort, I immediately took some pictures of the beach upon settling all my things in our room. The color of the beach is nice where you can see light green to dark blue from where I stand. Since it is already passed summer, we cannot see the crystal clear water but a bunch of tides brought by upcoming monsoons.

The Hats
While waiting for the boat for our island hopping adventure, I took some pictures of these ladies who have these colorful hats.

This is near Crocodile Island and Crystal Cove
This is where we swim during our island hopping adventure. The water is clear, there were fishes around the boat and we enjoyed swimming and photo shoot below that reef where there were shades for those who wanted to be protected from the sun ray effects.

Banana Boating Group 1
One of the adventures we took advantage during our  island hopping is the banana boating. We were able to see the reefs of Boracay and other tourists who enjoyed other rides as well.

Banana Boating Group 2
We were two groups when we do this banana boating. It was fun like we were competing with the other group. But we never experienced the "hulog" thing as it was prohibited to secure safety of the passengers.

Parasailing
They said once you are in another place with full of fun and adventures, you have to take all the opportunities as much as possible though it may take some of your money. I availed this parasailing but I was a little disappointed because I felt I almost fell asleep because of the wind and maybe because I was tired of all the rides I took before this.

Jet ski was fun
Jet ski was fun. If I will be given a chance to ride it again, I will grab it. The thrill of riding this water bike is amazing especially when you bumped into big waves. It was a lot of fun. 

Accessories at THE TALIPAPA
If you want some "pasalubong", you can go to "the talipapa" where you can ask for discounts for bundle of purchases.

Sunset at Station 1
I wasn't able to capture the sunset during our day 1 in Boracay due to unfavorable weather condition, in short it rained. At day 2, the sunset view was not as I expected. I wanted to see the amazing sunset I saw in the internet. Unfortunately, this is the best shot I get. A piece of advice, if you want to catch a good picture of the sunset in Boracay, be there during summer.

Boats, sunset, Station 1
When we were waiting for the sunset, we happened to pass by these boats and many tourists are walking back and forth from station 1 to station 2. Lots of these people got to play skim boarding along the shore and some did other water sports.

Fire Dance at night
At night, there were so many fire dancers performing at different bars along the beach. Many of these fire dancers or shall I say all these fire dancers we saw are all lady boys.

Ang mga Mananagat!hehe
Our last day in Boracay. Many of my company took advantage of the beach since we will be leaving in just a few hours. 

Chandelier at SJB Mansion 
When we leave Boracay, we went to Sampaguita Gardens in New Washington, Aklan. There was an entrance fee of P50 per head and one person free for every group of 6. The entrance fee in consumable where you can exchange the coupon with the available food, drinks, accessories and entrance fee on other facilities.  

Jojo's Christmas Cottage at Sampaguita Gardens
This is the famous Jojo's Christmas Cottage where everyday is Christmas Day with is all year round Christmas decorations inside and outside of the house. This was featured in many tv shows in the Philippines including Rated K.


This is a display inside the Jojo's Christmas cottage. Aside from this miniature village, there were lots of Santa dolls inside, Christmas trees, angels, Christmas socks, and other Christmas decorations. The only thing I really wanted aside from the decorations is the air conditioning. They should put on the aircon since it was too hot inside. I could feel all my sweat flowing inside of my shirt because of the warm temperature.

9 comments:

  1. Ayawan man ko kapangita sang comment box ba.hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kami ayawan man..hahaha!...Nice pix Von...Nami...pero mas nami pa gid kon damo nga pix ang ginpamutang mo para ayawan man kami lantaw....he he he

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meds, sige lang a. next time damuon ko na. ngaa abi di pwede magfacebook di a. Mas nami tani kung sa FB Page na lang para naka Album.hehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, Sana kasali mga OJT.hahahaha. feeler me.Best regards to everyone.(^_^)

    ReplyDelete
  5. No comment na ko sina...he he he...pero damo naman biya nag post sa FB...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice, I am interested in getting in touch with the maker of the Filipino miniature style Nipa Huts, to add into my display. Do you have a point of contact in the USA or provide me a email contact there.. Thanks joekapala3@aol.com

    ReplyDelete