Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Koronadal City: Von's Seafood and Mushroom Pasta


I was on leave and nothing else to do at home. So I went to the market to  see and buy some food to store and eat at home. Then I remembered I missed eating pasta. Thanks to my good friend Jacqui and Homer who introduced me to non-pork, non-chicken, and non-beef food. Jacqui actually did it intentionally for Homer's sake since he is on meat diet for the rest of his life.hahaha!

At the grocery store, I saw sliced mushrooms in can, canned tuna, tomato sauce, olive oil, basil and spaghetti pasta. As  I moved to the wet market section, I saw one of my favorite seafood: shrimps! Without thinking twice, I picked half a kilo of it and proceed to the other side to select some good quality spices for my pasta experiment. I was really excited going home afterwards.

Upon reaching home, I immediately grab all the things that I needed in preparing the ingredients and the cooking gadgets. Cooking seafood pasta was easier as compared to cooking meaty sauce  which requires ample time to ensure that the meats are well cook. With that, seafood pasta is recommended for those who wanted to eat pasta with good taste, easy to prepare and quick to cook. 

This one I made was actually had a better taste than my original Von's Meaty Spaghetti. Although my original recipe is still better than the other's pinoy style spaghetti and any other commercial meaty spaghetti I have tasted. (Boasting?haha) I am really a good cook and keeps on getting better.

When I finished cooking, I mixed the seafood and mushroom sauce to the pasta and my mother garnished it with her basil leaves fresh from her lawn/garden. If you wanted to try this one, better make sure of the ingredients especially spices that you mix. Be sure that it suit your taste and others' taste. Because if not, your recipe will taste just like any ordinary food.

No comments:

Post a Comment